February 11, 2011

Stacey Champion, Post Office Failure.

So Stacey Champion went to the post office; she told the clerks that she wanted to ship a package; it then started moving on the counter; she informed them that it was just a toy robot; the workers were skeptical; security opened the package; they found a 4-month-old puppy; and now the woman wants her $22 in shipping returned. Really, world, WTF is wrong with you?

On Monday, Stacey Champion was charged with animal cruelty. Her defense is that they “don’t have a display of what should be shipped and what should not be shipped.” I understand that, I do. I once was banned from a post office on Long Island after I tried to ship my sick grandmother a gallon of chicken soup in an overnight priority mail envelope. There was no sign prohibiting the pouring of soup into an envelope for Nana. I was perplexed. Then I tried to ship Nana to the soup, but they wouldn’t let me do that either. Sometimes I don’t understand the government.

The saddest part? She was sending the puppy to her son and wrote on the box, “This is for your 11th birthday. It’s what you wanted.”

Um, I doubt that her son wanted a dead puppy for his birthday.

6 comments:

  1. It is almost too good that her last name is Champion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good animal story - I'm so partial to our furry little friends. If you haven't seen it yet, you both need to carve out a little time for this. Trust me.
    http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html
    Initially you will thank me. If you give in to the temptation to start linking to the other posts on the blog, after an hour or three, you will be cursing me. It's hard to stop, once you start Missing Missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good god, I laugh every time I read it.

    Not that I am tooting my own horn here, but I originally sent that link to Shane/SCSD (which is where I assume you got it?). I want to be friends with the Missy dude. Maybe I will email him and ask him to design something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, no telling where I got it from, could be traceable to you. I just read it again and still produced tears (I'd forgotten the part about mailing the cat home after cat sitting - life follows fiction?). I think I've spent 3 hrs on that damn site that I'll admit to, and had the "Missing Missy" logo (red hat) as my FB pic for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you ever hear the one about the guy who wanted to buy a penguin and put a pool inside his apartment in his living room. True story, blogged about by him here - http://goo.gl/x2ybi

    ReplyDelete