March 3, 2011

An eBay Treasure, a.k.a. "a STORY to topple Star Wars, Harry Potter Investment"

I woke up a few days ago with a window opened on my computer.  Apparently, I fell asleep mesmerized by this eBay treasure, "a STORY to topple Star Wars, Harry Potter Investment," its description posted in full:
I am selling my story that I have been creating for 10+ years. (not constantly writing, but of piecing everything together in a cohesive manner) It can be compared to stories like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Indiana Jones and other titles in those categories. This is a really great story I have. This story needs to be completed by a professional writer or Ghost Writer. I am by no means a writer.

I would rather not sell it at all and just find investors to help hire a celebrity Ghost Writer, which would cost 250,000. The company that hires these writers out, guarantee the book to be a New York best seller. From my understanding, a celebrity ghost writer is someone who has written many books for others that have become "best sellers" and are at a point in their writing career to produce these best sellers often.  But for me, finding an investor seems impossible, it takes money to make money.  If George Lucas offered to sell his idea of Star Wars, would you have bought it? 

Just hit the "ask seller a question link" for more info. This is a serious auction, I'm not looking to rip anyone off. If you win this auction and decide you don't like the story, then you don't have to pay, and you will be refunded fully. I would like to meet in person so that I can pass my works on.  I will share my story with someone in person only and not over the internet. My story is too valuable to be spread publicly and will give a lot of new ideas for movies and book series that should belong to the buyer.

ebay requires a physical object to be purchased. This is a CD with my story, as well as printed material, as well as verbal information from me. This will be exchanged person to person.  This story will bring in endless fame and money to anyone who takes it. I do not have money to hire a Ghost Writer and I do not want to die with this story untold.  If you win the auction; we would meet in person, you would sign a nondisclosure document so i can be protected if you back out, I would share the story. Then you would choose to keep the story or refuse it. If you refuse it you would get a 100% refund and I would be protected so that you can't use my story after backing out.  And for the people reading this post who think I'm crazy for asking this amount of money for it; this kind of money is a drop in the bucket for large corporations. If it sounds like too much money then you are not the kind of buyer I'm looking for.
I wish I knew who to give a shout-out to, because clearly some other link led me to this priceless item.  It is not like I was trolling eBay for awesomeness.  At the same time, I am glad that someone out there was.  First, please note that this seller, jamesfilms, has 100% positive reviews – 42 of them.  He also has sold other, more “normal” products such as DVDs.  The above-posted item was listed multiple times before ending when "the item was no longer available.” It had 0 bids at that time.  Still, I don’t know if we can simply write him off as some freak. And I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t intrigued.
Good news and bad news.  Good news? Considering that there were zero bids, this item could very well still be available for a reasonable price.  Bad news?  The auction ended on March 1st, and it has not yet been re-posted (I have been checking, don’t you worry).  Also, the reasonable price? Only a $3 million starting bid or a cool, flat buy-it-now price of $10 mil. He warns, as only an arrogant/delusional man would, that “if it sounds like too much money then you are not the kind of buyer I'm looking for.” Well, the buyers he is looking for are probably not found on eBay. Try, I don’t know, shopping it around to a production studio or something. 

Listen, he has been formulating his genius for a decade. It is the next “Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Indiana Jones and other titles in those categories.”  Those categories being The Best Movies Ever.  So, this innovative creator of movie magic has written one of the greatest films of all time and YOU could be the lucky winner who gets to produce it.  He just needs a writer.  Guess what? We have those here at CDTF. So let’s pool our resources, loyal readers, and do this shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment